The Wood Cottage Crafts
Creative Crafting For You
As an indi craft business in the heart of North Yorkshire we produce artisan craft kits to teach and inspire the joy of being creative. Teaching traditional crafts to beginners and enthusiasts alike with a contemporary style, through workshops and kits.
The Wood Cottage Crafts has everything you need to get your creative juices flowing. We design our own range of craft kits in North Yorkshire with individuality and all ability levels in mind. Also we stock the highest quality supplies, such as Corinne Lapierre embroidery kits, Tilly and the Buttons patterns and Rose and Hubble fabric and conveniently deliver them right to your door or you can collect from the studio shop. Browse our catalog to discover our selection.
Our craft kits are handpicked for the quality and design of the materials, with clear instructions. Each kit is beautifully packed ready for a gift to someone or a treat for you. Are you thinking "what to get for a craft gift?" here are some of our kits available. We also stock Tilly and the Buttons and Corinne Lapierre
no- sew crafts
Bookable 1:1 sessions, workshops live or catch up class
We have a calendar of workshops, but if you can 't do the date or want to do a different online instead you can do a workshop catch up, the emphasis on these is that you are building on your skills with your own choice of project, a great way to meet take part in a workshop when you can, these can be live or virtual online. Ask for details on the workshop you would like to do.
Monthly Craft Subscription Boxes
We are excited to launch our craft subscription boxes, available for pre-order and delivery from January 2022. They are an ideal gift for crafting and a great idea for Christmas .
Each month a new project complete with materials and instruction card are sent direct to the recipient. Then the creativity begins. Each box is a different activity and vary in craft too. You can choose your start date for presents and they are available in a 3, 6 or 12 month option. Inspire creativity for up to a year. UK post only.
I love what I do and it makes me so happy to be able to share my passion with others. I am crafter, jewellery maker and in particular a sewer. With over 30 years experience as a sewer I sell a range of sewn crafts and run craft and sewing workshops.
At Brompton near Scarborough I have a craft sudio where I teach classes. As a qualified teacher (QTS) I plan and teach crafts classes and workshops in a relaxed and supportive environment to build on your creative skills. If that sounds like something you'd like to explore, please contact .
- Multiple DatesSat, 09 DecBrompton-by-Sawdon09 Dec 2023, 10:00 – 12:00Brompton-by-Sawdon, Main Road, Brompton-by-Sawdon, Scarborough YO13 9DD, UK
- Multiple DatesSun, 10 DecBrompton-by-Sawdon10 Dec 2023, 10:30 – 12:30Brompton-by-Sawdon, Main Road, Brompton-by-Sawdon, Scarborough YO13 9DD, UK
- Sun, 10 Decthe wood cottage crafts10 Dec 2023, 14:00 – 15:00the wood cottage crafts, Main Road, Brompton-by-Sawdon, Scarborough YO13 9DD, UK
- Sat, 16 DecThe Wood Cottage Crafts16 Dec 2023, 10:00 – 12:30The Wood Cottage Crafts, Main Road, Brompton-by-Sawdon, Scarborough YO13 9DD, UK
- Sat, 06 JanThe Wood Cottage Crafts06 Jan 2024, 10:30 – 13:00The Wood Cottage Crafts, Main Road, Brompton-by-Sawdon, Scarborough YO13 9DD, UK06 Jan 2024, 10:30 – 13:00The Wood Cottage Crafts, Main Road, Brompton-by-Sawdon, Scarborough YO13 9DD, UKGetting a new sewing machine for Christmas or just want to brush up on your skills using a sewing machine? This is a great introduction to basics skills and knowledge about a sewing machine. A great day course where you can bring your machine or use one of ours to learn new skills and get creative.
- Sun, 07 JanThe Wood Cottage Crafts07 Jan 2024, 11:00 – 12:30The Wood Cottage Crafts, Main Road, Brompton-by-Sawdon, Scarborough YO13 9DD, UK
- Sat, 13 JanBrompton-by-Sawdon13 Jan 2024, 10:00 – 13:00Brompton-by-Sawdon, Main Road, Brompton-by-Sawdon, Scarborough YO13 9DD, UK
- Sat, 13 JanBrompton-by-Sawdon13 Jan 2024, 10:30 – 15:30Brompton-by-Sawdon, Main Road, Brompton-by-Sawdon, Scarborough YO13 9DD, UK
The Wood Cottage
The Wood Cottage I believe is a perfect backdrop for creative crafting workshops, with views across the Vale of Pickering, the studio offers the space and peace to enjoy and learn a new skill such as crochet, sewing pajamas, wreath making, embroidery and many more. You can come to the workshop, have a workshop kit or take part in an online workshop.
It’s really easy to join our Online Arts & Crafts Workshop from the comfort of your own computer or digital device. Make sure to test the link before the event begins to avoid any technical complications. Please note that the link will be active at the time of the event. We hope you can make it!
To find out more please get in touch.
What our customers say...
I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed making it and am really amazed that it was produced in 3 hours. Thank you very much for such a chatty and productive morning.
Lovely workshop, variety of crafts & very pleasant and helpful instructor, thank you
Wood Cottage is Fantastic. I have attended two classes and each time walked away with something special and unique.
Lovely setting, friendly people and great crafting ideas.
We are passionate about improving our sustainability.
Our boxes are made from recycled cardboard are biodegradable and compostable, or re useable; like the tissue paper, twine, and cellophane, but still ensure our kits are beautifully presented and a joy to receive.
We try to minimise the stickers and wastage of packaging by recycling what we can.
As crafters too, we save as much fabric as we can in the studio and ensure that our kits are re useable creations and that you can continue to create with your own recycled fabrics too.
Our studio is fitted with LED lighting, non fossil fuel heating.
As much waste as possible is recycled with the local authority, larger pieces of fabric are donated to charity.
Next season will run a series of recycling projects with the option to access online to reduce travelling miles.
This is our aim and our pledge for purpose and sustainability to reduce our impact on the environment.